Celebrate good times! Giving in celebration is an uplifting way to raise funds and make a real difference to the lives of people facing, or living with, a urinary diversion across the UK.
Whether it’s a birthday, wedding or other milestone moment, support the Urostomy Association at your special occasion. By asking your friends and family to make a charitable donation instead of giving presents, you can promote and support our ongoing work.
There are several ways you can do this; just choose what suits you best. If you’ve any questions, then do get in touch and we’d be happy to help.
The easiest way for people to donate is online via a JustGiving fundraising in celebration page. Your page will automatically keep track of all the donations you receive, and your friends and family can leave you a message at the same time. And JustGiving sends the donations straight through to us, so you can forget about the finance and focus on your celebrations! Easy!
Here’s how to set up your fundraising in celebration page:
- Visit www.justgiving.com/urostomy
- Press ‘Fundraise for us’ (top right)
- Say ‘no’ to ‘Are you fundraising in memory of someone’ (then press next)
- Click on ‘Just fundraising’ (then press next)
- Select your occasion, and complete the very short forms giving detail about your celebration date and how much you’d like to raise
- You can then personalise your page. You may like to say why you’re fundraising for the Urostomy Association and why our charity is close to your heart.
- You are then given a bespoke url (web page link) for your fundraising in celebration page
- Lastly, you can add photos or videos to your page before finalising it.
- Now – just share the link via email and/or social media with your friends, family and colleagues, and get on with your celebrations!
We are delighted to offer personalised envelopes which you may wish to send out with party invitations or indeed leave on the tables for guests to fill at your event… the ideal way to ask your friends to give a little something at their discretion.
Each envelope has a donation form inside, and you simply return everything to us.
Just call the office and tell us what you’d like to appear on the front of your envelope. 01386 430140.
Alternatively visit our donations page to make a single or regular gift online.
If you want to send an in celebration donation by cheque or CAF cheque, please make it payable to the Urostomy Association and send it to: Office 205, No 9 Journey Campus, Castle Park, Castle Hill, Cambridge, CB3 0AX. Please return this donation form with your gift.
It is also helpful to include the name and address of the person you are celebrating to ensure that we can account for all donations made in celebration of that person.
You can call and make your donation over the phone; just have your payment card handy. Our telephone number is 01386 430140. Lines are open between 9:30am and 5:30pm, Monday to Friday.